These instructions are basic. If you have problems, you may need to find someone who can help.
What you will need
Oracle VM VirtualBox - Download (Free) Will run on Windows 7 to 10
An old edition of Windows. Either XP (32bit), 2000, ME, 98 or 95.
Your old Digger etc, software cd's.
Once installed, open the software, click New and select the
operating system you intend to install on the virtual machine.
1. Memory Size: Leave it as suggested at 192mb (plenty big
enough) and click next.
3. Hard disk file type: Click VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) and
5. File location and size: Leave as is and click create. The size of the virtual drive will dynamically self-expand if more space is needed.
I've named this one WinXP. Now we are ready to install (the preferably legit) Windows in the virtual machine.
The Windows Install
1. WinXP is highlighted. Firstly, click into Settings, and then
System and unclick Floppy. Click OK.
4. Windows disc is in. Click Start and windows will install as if it would with any new installation.
Networking between the host operating system and the virtual
one to share files.
On the upper menu of your virtual window, click Devices.
Click on Insert guest additions CD image.. (Install it and click continue anyway when prompted)
This will install what you need on the virtual side. On the
host side, you'll need to create a shared folder.
Get some help if you have problems here.
You can also create a desktop shortcut to open the virtual machine without opening
the VirtualBox software.